Book Club finds

Had a fun evening last night when I went with Nyla to her monthly "book club" meeting.   I had the opportunity to meet a lot of lovely ladies, enjoy some fabulous food and partake of some mighty-fine Merlot.
Thank you for a great time, Nyla!!!

Although NO stimulating book discussion actually takes place, :(  they do have a really nice book exchange. I picked out these treasures that I've been wanting to read for a while ~

** I've read quite a few of John Grisham's attorney books, and really liked his "A Painted House" which I think may be autobiographical. I have no idea of what the story line is with this one, but how can you go wrong with Pizza in the title??

** "Lethal Legacy" is one of the few Linda Fairstein books that I haven't yet read. I like the way she builds up the suspense in all of her crime novels. http://www.lindafairstein.com/

** Ever since I first heard about "Edgar Sawtelle" through the Oprah book club a couple of years ago, it's been on my reader radar. I just hope I can get through it without going into the ugly cry!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Good book suggestions - I'm always looking for my next read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Playing for Pizza - I liked it!! - Manja

    ReplyDelete