Fritz, the Milkman

When I was a kid, one of my favorite treats in summer was provided by Fritz the milkman in his Rocky Home Dairy truck.  It didn't have the same fancy music as the regular ice cream truck, but his frozen goodies were the best!  As soon as he drove up, my sisters and I would run out to the street to pick out our own ice cream bar.  I loved to check out all the different choices Fritz had, but always settled on the same thing -- a "Nutty Buddy" (drumstick).
Although I've never been much of an ice cream eater, I still love me a good drumstick once or twice every summer!!

This is one of the original milk bottles from Rocky Home Dairy, Lakeside, California.  They delivered fresh milk to everyone's doorstep, and also had a drive-thru at the dairy.  Their chocolate milk was an extra-special treat! 



2 comments:

  1. I will endeavor to respond to any requests for photos of Rocky Home Dairy. Please address any requests to Don@admin-assist.com
    Don L. Buckel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellο theге, I fоunԁ your ωеbѕite bу way of Google at the ѕаme time
    аs looking fοr a sіmіlаr subјесt, youг wеbsite got
    herе uр, it apρears greаt.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply was aware of your blog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I'll bе gгateful іf уou
    hаpρen tο continue this in future.
    Lοts οf folks will be bеnefited out of
    your ωгitіng. Ϲhеers!


    Herе іѕ my blog - rv rentals bismarck nd

    ReplyDelete